Sunday, March 11, 2012

Better All the Time

There's a Beatles tune that goes:
I've got to admit it's getting better
A little better all the time
The tune keeps running through my brain, and I like it!
The new (second) antibiotic and a twice daily saline rinse (disgusting and uncomfortable as it is) seem to have knocked out my sinus infection.
Every day I feel stronger. My appetite has returned. I've gained back five pounds. My hearing is getting a little better every day.
The weather has been in the 50s, so every day I take a walk, a bit longer each day.
I am not ready to proclaim Mission Accomplished yet (sort of a bad history to that expression, anyway), but I am very encouraged and thankful.
And, oh yeah, the CLL is definitely in retreat---at least swelling-wise---thanks to the experimental drug PCI-32765 and the National Institutes of Health.
We'll find out in July if it really stopped the CLL at its source (the bone marrow) or whether the PCI is merely counter-acting it . Either way is a big improvement over where I was a month ago.