Sunday, February 19, 2012

PCI-32765 plus four days

I am tired, exhausted, really. If I climb the 12 steps to go upstairs, here at home, I have to sit down to rest.

I was already growing increasingly tired in recent weeks, even before getting involved with the clinical trial, but now? Hoo boy. Whether it is the 14 hours of round-trip travel to Bethesda, all the blood samples they sucked out of me, the surgeries to obtain lymph node biopsies (tougher than I would have thought; pretty sore), or the PCI-32765 drug, itself, I don't know. All I know is, I am utterly wiped out.

It would be good to know what is causing this horrendous, resonating cough (which I have now had since the end of September). My sinuses are still plugged up (sinus infections are fairly common among CLL patients) and maybe a post-nasal drip is causing the cough. The doctor at NIH (National Institute of Health) prescribed an antibiotic for it and now, four days later, not much has changed yet.

As for the PCI-32765, itself, now four days into it, I do think it is gradually reducing the swelling in my face.

Maybe my energy level will gradually rise. I do hope so. Got to be patient.